Re: [JSON] RDF collections and JSON arrays

On 25/03/11 13:41, Pat Hayes wrote:

> On Mar 25, 2011, at 4:12 AM, Nathan wrote:
>
>> Steve Harris wrote:
>>> I'm also not keen on [[ ]] for RDF collections, but don't see a sensible alternative.
>>
>> The main alternatives are to simply not include support for either multiple values or RDF Collections.
>
> I dont think not supporting RDF collections is an option. There is lots of RDF out there that has a few pieces of OWL in it. OWL syntax in OWL/RDF uses RDF collections. If we don't support collections well enough to handle this, all the RDF<->JSON will break whenever it hits a piece of OWL. I think this would be a disaster, and would cause enough grief to make the JSON unusable in the wild.
>
> Pat

I don't have any figures I'm afraid but form experience I would expect
that use of RDF collections in OWL is mainly in the ontology (and even
there the ordered-ness is not important) not in the data.  Are JS apps
going to be processing OWL ontological assertions?

I would not want to rush to exclude syntax specific for RDF collections
in data, but it does not have to pretty if it is rarely encountered.

	Andy