Re: [GRAPHS] FYI: VoID vocabulary just published

From: Nathan <nathan@webr3.org>
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2011 18:26:16 +0000
To: Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>
CC: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>, RDF WG <public-rdf-wg@w3.org>
Richard Cyganiak wrote:
> One reason why I want to see this group nail down the g-box/g-snap/g-text terminology in a REC is that it would provide a *much* more solid foundation for things like VoID, where we currently have to hand-wave a lot for lack of citable standard terminology.

It's more than just VoID, every community around the sem web has been
doing that hand waving.

At the core, it's really very simply, things change over time, and as
humans we like to refer to something that changes over time, or know
where something has came from, or know where something is to be put, or
know more about something, for all those reasons the simplest thing to
do is to give a name for that thing, and virtually every use case breaks
down to a named-g-box when you look at it.

best,

nathan