Re: [GRAPHS] FYI: VoID vocabulary just published

On 3 Mar 2011, at 14:55, Ivan Herman wrote:
> This has some relevance to our discussion:
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/void/
>
> My first immediate question would be (and I am sure Richard or Michael can answer that): is there a fundamental difference between what we called g-box in the past few days and 'dataset' as used in the VoID document? Just to add to our mess on terms used...:-)

We have a very loose definition of “dataset”:

http://www.w3.org/TR/void/#dataset

I don't think it really helps us here. I guess that any collection of one or more g-snaps and/or g-boxes can be a void:Dataset.

One reason why I want to see this group nail down the g-box/g-snap/g-text terminology in a REC is that it would provide a *much* more solid foundation for things like VoID, where we currently have to hand-wave a lot for lack of citable standard terminology.

Best,
Richard