Re: [GRAPHS] FYI: VoID vocabulary just published

Le 03/03/2011 16:11, Richard Cyganiak a écrit :
> On 3 Mar 2011, at 14:55, Ivan Herman wrote:
>> This has some relevance to our discussion:
>>
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/void/
>>
>> My first immediate question would be (and I am sure Richard or Michael can answer that): is there a fundamental difference between what we called g-box in the past few days and 'dataset' as used in the VoID document? Just to add to our mess on terms used...:-)
>
> We have a very loose definition of “dataset”:
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/void/#dataset
>
> I don't think it really helps us here. I guess that any collection of one or more g-snaps and/or g-boxes can be a void:Dataset.

On the contrary, I think it helps, to some extent, to address Fabien's
concerns. The meta-information that Fabien would like to see attached to
a graph (such as, SPARQL endpoint, date of creation, etc) are actually
information that is covered by voiD if only you allow yourself to attach
this information to a void:Dataset rather than a "graph" or g-thing. The
dataset can easily refer to the g-things, if there is a way to identify
them.

> One reason why I want to see this group nail down the g-box/g-snap/g-text terminology in a REC is that it would provide a *much* more solid foundation for things like VoID, where we currently have to hand-wave a lot for lack of citable standard terminology.

Yep, I've been reading the voiD stuff these days and I agree there are
some things that seem fuzzily defined.

> Best,
> Richard

Regards,