Re: new version of rdf:O)-> document

Sandro Hawke wrote:

> As I'm imagining it, any time anyone defines a new datatype, they are
> adding an element to the conceptual model of RDF.

Adding a datatype does not change the conceptual model of RDF.

Making things that were not datatyped now be datatyped, even though
their spelling in the syntax hasn't shifted, is a change. It's a
plausible change, one which I'm sure can be lived with, but the "this is
just another datatype" argument doesn't fly.

>    How about:
>
>       This is an extension for use with RDF that does not change the
>       conceptual model of RDF itself, so the existances of this
>       specification does not mandate any changes to software or affect
>       the specifications that depend on the conceptual model of RDF such
>       as SPARQL.
>
> Maybe that's true enough for Peter, while avoiding Dave's surprise about
> the claim of not changing the model?

I don't buy it but doubt I'll formally object.

I should be clear that my reaction is this thread reflects personal
opinion triggered by trying to catch up on the deluge of mail on this
topic on a Friday afternoon. It is not a formal, thought-through, HP
position.

Dave