Re: A different symbol for {|

Technically,  you'd be making a fourth term, which would be outside of the
triple structure. It would also conflict with the named graph element in
for instance nquads.

I also see some issues with having multiple annotations. Would the <<>>
then support linebreaks?
Your proposal also looks a bit like using the blank node [ ] notation in
the graph position,  so I see some possible confusion there

Best,

Miel