Re: A different symbol for {|

If <<>> here is suggested as different {|..|} and the inside is still a
  PredicateObjectList

i.e.

    :a :knows :b << :since 1900 >>

that is the two triples

    :a :knows :b .
    <<:a :knows :b>> :since 1900 .

it seems to work technically i.e. the grammar is not ambiguous.

    :a :knows << :x :p :o >>

is still one triple, with object triple term <<>>

     Andy

On 07/01/2021 09:11, Miel Vander Sande wrote:
> Technically,  you'd be making a fourth term, which would be outside of
> the triple structure. It would also conflict with the named graph
> element in for instance nquads.
>
> I also see some issues with having multiple annotations. Would the <<>>
> then support linebreaks?

yes if a PredicateObjectList
unless we change the white space rules which would be big.

> Your proposal also looks a bit like using the blank node [ ] notation in
> the graph position,  so I see some possible confusion there

Yes. It would not extend to NQ* and allowing for (future) triple terms
in the graph position for "generalized RDF".  It may be possible but as
a change to the grammar tool assumptions.

There is a lot to be said for easy of implementation for better uptake.

     Andy