Re: Against the notion of reification well-formed graph (i.e., atomicity)

On 1/23/24 06:30, Thomas Lörtsch wrote:

>> On 23. Jan 2024, at 12:22, Peter F. Patel-Schneider <pfpschneider@gmail.com> wrote:

[..]

>> What the proposal does talk about is RDF reifications, nodes in an RDF graph that are subjects of rdf:subject, rdf:predicate, or rdf:object triples.  The well-formedness requirement states that an RDF graph is ill-formed if it has a node that is the subject of a triple with any of these predicates and is not the subject of exactly
>
> Shouldn’t this be changed to *at least*? See my prior mail in response to Dörthe.
>
>> one triple with each of these predicates.  No bijection between triples and anything is either mentioned or implied.  The notion of well-formedness is completely syntactic.

[...]

The proposal is *exactly*.  Changing to *at least* could make it harder to
optimize RDF reifications in implementations.

As far as I can tell, multiple subjects, predicates, or objects is more
difficult to optimize than missing subjects, predicates, or objects, but I
haven't implemented an RDF triple store that optimizes RDF reifications.

peter