Re: Selective Transparency of Claims

On 1/9/24 05:04, Niklas Lindström wrote:
> In the now ongoing proposal [1], a triple itself, as an abstract
> object, needs to be referentially opaque (like in the CG report), in
> the sense that it is not known which interpreted meaning it has (it is
> not *in* the graph).
>
> With named triples this must also by default be the case.  This is
> clearly so, since otherwise, if this:

>      <o> owl:sameAs <o2> .
>
> would also imply:
>
>      <x> owl:sameAs <y> .
>
> then, obviously, anything stated about `<x>` is also stated about
> `<y>`, and vice versa. Thus, claims cannot be transparent and remain
> distinct under such entailment.

 From
https://github.com/w3c/rdf-star-wg/wiki/Triple%E2%80%90Edge-subgroup-proposals:
An RDF-star simple interpretation I is a structure <IR, IP, IS, IL, IEXT, IT,
IO> consisting of:
A binary relation IO over IR x (IR x IP x IR), called the occurrence of a
triple term.

As far as I can tell, IO is not restricted to be injective. So I don't see any
reason for
     <o> owl:sameAs <o2> .
to imply
     <x> owl:sameAs <y> .