Re: Semantic Predication: 4 - more worked out examples

Hi Enrico,

On Thu, 2023-02-16 at 16:06 +0000, Franconi Enrico wrote:
> > > Notice also that the relationship type 'created' is perhaps a bit
> > > special in the sense that it may have both a referentially opaque
> > > interpretation and a referentially transparent one (so, in a way,
> > > it has two meanings, and these can be separated by using two
> > > different IRIs). While there are certainly more examples of such
> > > types of relationships, I would think that for most types of
> > > relationships only one of the two interpretations makes sense.
> >
> > Yes.
>
> Let me emphasise this: YES!
> This shows that the important bit to look at, in order to understand
> which meaning an embedded triple has, is the predication.
> In the dct:created case, the meanings are more precisely: (1) a
> property stating the created date of the creating event induced by
> the embedded triple; (2) a property stating the created date of the
> triple denoted by the embedded triple itself.

I agree!

In this case, however, doesn't the fact that there are two meanings
justify the need for two separate IRIs, where each of them captures one
of these meanings?

Then, shouldn't the "<<< ... >>>" versus "<< ... >>" version of your
Example 2 also use two different IRIs rather than overloading
'dct:created' with both meanings?

Olaf