RDF 1.2 profiles (Re: Why is the RDF-star working group standardising RDF 1.2 and SPARQL 1.2?)

On 01/02/2023 15:22, Antoine Zimmermann wrote:
> Dear Ora,
>

> This is the kind of answer I was hoping for, thank you!
>
> If I follow well what you say, there could be two kinds of
> conformances in RDF 1.2:
>  1)  RDF 1.2 Full Conformance (implementing all of RDF-star)
>  2)  RDF 1.2 Weak Conformance (not implementing stuff that relates to
> embedded triples)

I can definitely live with that, and prefer that phrasing at what Ora
wrote in his mail ("RDF conformance vs. RDF-star conformance"). It hints
better at the preference, also expressed by Ora, for people including
the quoted-triples feature in their implementations.

> And we will specify the mechanisms that allow an implementation to
> clearly declare which conformance it satisfies (e.g., via SPARQL
> Service Description or similar).

As a matter of fact, there is a point that I was meaning to bring up in
the group :

the Dataset Exchange WG has a work item that has not received much love
recently :

     Content Negotiation by Profile
     https://www.w3.org/TR/dx-prof-conneg/

but which addresses exactly the kind of problems that we are going to face.

Mind you, I am not suggesting that we add this specification to our
plate (on which we have more than enough!). But to liaise with the DXWG
to provide them with our feedback and requirements on the matter. It so
happens that I am staff contact of both groups, so I can play that role.

(but yes, of course, SPARQL Service Description are also a way to do
that, at least for SPARQL endpoints)

   pa