Re: "Multi-Edge Support in RDFn" slides

Peter,

Le 16/12/2022 à 17:21, Peter F. Patel-Schneider a écrit :

[skip]

> Blank nodes absolutely do denote, just like global existential variables
> denote.   It is just that what they denote is in some sense less
> determined than what IRIs denote.

You're using "denote" in a different way as I do, and it is not clear
how. I am using the standard RDF 1.1 Semantics (quote Section 4):

"The words *denotes* and *refers to* are used interchangeably as
synonyms for the relationship between an IRI or literal and what it
refers to in a given interpretation, itself called the *denotation* or
*referent*."

Blank nodes do not denote in this sense.

Regardless, the point is that when Pierre-Antoine says "bnodes mean the
same everywhere", it is odd, considering how the semantics of bnodes is
defined.

--AZ

--
Antoine Zimmermann