Re: on evaluation

Thanks Peter,

I tried to come up with a better wording as well but ended up deleting the
paragraph completely
https://github.com/w3c/data-shapes/commit/139f7de173b0ee6e054c4f250f33e18a6dac78fd#diff-69303a57193e6c2d7327c8de0fc977caL1069

We already have a definition of how filters & validation work in section 4
which, IIRC came from you:
A node validates against a shape iff either it does not validate against
some filter of the shape or none of the constraints in the shape produce a
validation result or a failure for the node.

This definition also covers the filter ordering as well as how node failure
is handled.
I am not sure if there is a need to handle other kinds of failure that may
arise from the different order of evaluation, even though these cases are
probably not common.

Best,
Dimitris

--
Dimitris Kontokostas
Department of Computer Science, University of Leipzig & DBpedia Association