Re: summarizing proposed changes to charter

Hi Holger,

The fact that extensibility is explicitly listed as a design goal in the
scope section [scope] should be enough to assure you that this is
something the WG is expected to deliver on. If the WG didn't, it would
fail to deliver on the goals set by its charter.

[scope] http://www.w3.org/2014/data-shapes/charter#scope

Furthermore, the workshop clearly showed strong support for some
extensibility mechanism so I don't see why you'd think there is a risk the
WG will then decide to ignore that.

I've asked Eric to see if he could add a mention of extensibility to the
deliverables to address your concern but quite frankly you could say the
same should be done about every other goals listed in the scope section.
Yet, it's simply not practical. As I said before, there is only so much we
can say in the list of deliverables. That list doesn't stand on its own,
it is to be taken along with everything else in the charter.

Regards.
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - Senior Technical Staff Member, Open Web Standards - IBM
Software Group