Re: CURIEs and blank nodes (Test #140)

On Tue, 2010-02-09 at 10:05 -0600, Shane McCarron wrote:

> Dan Connolly wrote:
> > No, it doesn't. See section 6.4 RDF URI References
> > http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-concepts/#section-Graph-URIref
> > http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-concepts/#dfn-URI-reference
> >
> > Note that the 2004 RDF specs use "URI reference" in order to
> > include #fragments, which were not part of URIs in the URI spec
> > at the time (RFC2396). The current URI standard (RFC3986)
> > includes #fragments in URIs.
> Hmmm...  if we want to get technical, the RDFa Syntax Specification is
> based upon XHTML Modularization, and brings in its datatype definitions
> from there.  URI in XHTML Modularization is defined as the XML Schema
> datatype anyURI [1] [2].

That jives with sectioni 6.4 of the RDF spec:

"Note: RDF URI references are compatible with the anyURI datatype as
defined by XML schema datatypes [XML-SCHEMA2], constrained to be an
absolute rather than a relative URI reference."

>   It was my impression that anyURI permitted
> IRIs.

Yes, more or less.

>   Steven?  This was your thing.
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-modularization/abstraction.html#dt_URI
> [2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-xmlschema-2-20041028/#anyURI

gpg D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E