Re: Request to publish HTML+RDFa (draft 3) as FPWD

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 2:09 PM, Toby Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk> wrote:
> On 22 Sep 2009, at 21:50, Jonas Sicking wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 1:43 PM, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:
>

>> >Sure, but if you have a DOM, what do you do? One solution is certainly
>>>
>>> to say that "If you have a DOM, there is no way to extract RDFa data".
>>> This is certainly a possibility, but it does mean that it's impossible
>>
>> ... to build a RDFa implementation in javascript, as javascript is
>> handed a DOM. I don't know if javascript implementations of RDFa is
>> something that's considered important.
>
> I know of at least three Javascript implementations of RDFa parsers that
> each use the DOM:
>
> * The Operator add-on for Firefox
> * Jeni Tennison's rdfQuery library, based on jQuery
> * Ben Adida's implementation
>  <http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/impl/js/20080817/>
>
> If, as you say, RDFa implementations "can't" use the DOM, it appears this is
> more of a "theoretical can't" rather than a "practical can't".

The question is if there's a defined precise way to do it. As I
showed, there are at least 5 different ways to do it, which one is
correct.

I think I found the code that extracts prefix mappings, and it appears
that it uses method 3. So my question is, why is this more correct
than any of the other 4 methods i proposed?

/ Jonas