Re: Request to publish HTML+RDFa (draft 3) as FPWD

On 22 Sep 2009, at 21:50, Jonas Sicking wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 1:43 PM, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
> wrote:
 >
> >Sure, but if you have a DOM, what do you do? One solution is
> certainly
>> to say that "If you have a DOM, there is no way to extract RDFa
>> data".
>> This is certainly a possibility, but it does mean that it's
>> impossible
>
> ... to build a RDFa implementation in javascript, as javascript is
> handed a DOM. I don't know if javascript implementations of RDFa is
> something that's considered important.

I know of at least three Javascript implementations of RDFa parsers
that each use the DOM:

* The Operator add-on for Firefox
* Jeni Tennison's rdfQuery library, based on jQuery
* Ben Adida's implementation
   <http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/impl/js/20080817/>

If, as you say, RDFa implementations "can't" use the DOM, it appears
this is more of a "theoretical can't" rather than a "practical can't".

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>