Re: Per telco on the 2009-09-17

Hi Ivan,

Great.

And just to emphasise what I said on the telecon, this is not some
kind of edge-case that we hadn't thought of -- it's correct behaviour,
according to the spec. That's because we need to generate the bnode
for the hanging triples, otherwise they won't align with any 'extra'
graphs that a parser might create.

On Sat, Sep 19, 2009 at 9:14 AM, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org> wrote:
> We said we would look at Jeni's example in our respective implementation:

> RDFa distiller generates:
>
> <http://example.com/> ex1:rel3 [].
>
> (plus an error triplet on the fact that bogus:bogus is, well, bogus...)
>
> Ie, indeed, the mere existence of the @property closes the hanging
> triple, so to say.
>
> Personally, I do not feel that to be a bug. Very pragmatically, this is
> clearly a good warning to the user that, well, something went wrong; if
> the triple is simply missing then, well, it is more difficult to find
> the reason for the bug. But, yes, this is a very pragmatic argument.
>
> Ivan

> Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/
> mobile: +31-641044153

Mark Birbeck, webBackplane