Re: Request to publish HTML+RDFa (draft 3) as FPWD

On Sep 19, 2009, at 12:54 AM, Jonas Sicking wrote:

> However as far as I can see the spec doesn't actually define how to do
> prefix mapping in a DOM.
>
> Or am I missing something?

You're not missing anything. It's not currently defined. This was one
of my points of feedback on the initial draft, which Manu believed he
addressed by citing section 5.4 of the XHTML+RDFa spec. But that
section does not define anything about pseudo-namespace syntax in
HTML. It's not even the section that defines the normative processing
requirements for CURIE prefix mappings in XML - that would be 5.5. And
the rules in 5.5 do not even correctly describe what should be done in
XML, as explained by be here <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Sep/0089.html
 > (scroll down to Manu's mention of "Section 5.5" and my reply).

Needless to say, I am not satisfied that my comment on this has been
addressed. It appears to me that the xmlns processing model for HTML
remains totally undefined.

I will be reviewing the latest Editor's Draft to see if I'm satisfied
with the resolution for other issues I raised.

Regards,
Maciej