Re: Request to publish HTML+RDFa (draft 3) as FPWD

I just wanted to chime in on one aspect of your comments:

Jonas Sicking wrote:

> The complexity argument aside, I'm also not fully understanding the
> processing model with regards to xmlns prefixed attributes. Is it
> intended that consuming RDFa in HTML documents should be done without
> looking at the namespace of attributes? I.e. that DOM Level 1 methods
> should be used? I'm asking because HTML5 parsing currently requires
> that attributes whose name start with "xmlns:" are parsed into the
> null namespace, and with the localName containing the for example
> "xmlns:foo". However in an XHTML document, parsing xmlns prefixed
> attributes result in attributes in the in the
> "http://www.w3.org/2000/xmlns/" namespace with a localName of for
> example "foo".

Actually... this confuses me.  According to the DOM Level 2 Core spec
and the DOM Level 3 Core spec, attributes that declare XML Namespace
mappings are directly manipulatable using DOM Level 1 methods [1] [2]:

"As far as the DOM is concerned, special attributes used for declaring
/XML namespaces/
<http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-2-Core/glossary.html#dt-XML-namespace>
are still exposed and can be manipulated just like any other attribute. "

Are you suggesting that this is not the case, and that the attributes
used for declaring XML namespaces are NOT available?  As long as they
are available, I should think that the act of extracting the mappings is
"a simple matter of software", as my old boss used to say.

[1]
http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-2-Core/core.html#Namespaces-Considerations
[2]
http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-3-Core/core.html#Namespaces-Considerations