Re: Analysis of RDFa Test Suite and XMLLiteral c14n

Manu Sporny wrote:
> This also raises the question if we should preserve namespaces that are
> used in RDFa markup in attributes in the XMLLiteral. Doing so would
> violate the c14n spec, AFAICT.

I believe it would only violate the *exclusive* c14n spec (but that's
the one that RDF requires, so it would violate the RDF spec).

(http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-exc-c14n/#sec-Limitations explicitly notes
"Applications that use the XML being canonicalized may depend on the
effect of XML namespace declarations where the namespace prefix being
bound is not visibly utilized", which applies to any use of CURIEs.)

--
Philip Taylor
pjt47@cam.ac.uk