Re: XMLLiteral handling in RDFa in HTML

On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 11:18 PM, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>wrote:

> Lots of great discussion on XMLLiteral handling and general thoughts on
> HTML+RDFa and XHTML+RDFa harmonization. I've gathered the main points
> made throughout this thread here:
>
> http://rdfa.info/wiki/rdfa-in-html-requirements
>
> There are a number of contradictory statements on the page. I have tried
> to capture ALL suggestions on requirements, design philosophy, and
> solutions regarding the harmonization of (X)HTML+RDFa.
>
> Toby, Henri, Smylers, Philip, Shelley, Ivan, Shane and Ian - please add
> anything I missed in your e-mails to the wiki page.

It looks fairly comprehensive to me.  I would be more comfortable if folks
who have implemented JavaScript libraries to work with RDFa were directly
involved in this discussion. They (Jeni Tennison, Mark Birbeck, and Ben
Adida) would have more insight into the implementation problems.

In fact, that's my biggest concern: that discussions should occur directly
between RDFa and HTML5 folks are not happening, happening offline, or
snarkily, in IRC (
http://lastweekinhtml5.blogspot.com/2009/05/rdfa-guys-wake-up-and-smell-pilgrims.html).

Shelley