Re: microdata

On Mon, 11 May 2009, Simon Reinhardt wrote:

> Can anyone tell me what "microdata" is supposed to mean anyway? Is there
> macrodata as well and what does it look like? I think Hixie's talking
> about a format/syntax but I find the name to be rather confusing.

The name just sort of "happened" -- it's small bits of data, hence
"microdata". I didn't really intend to name this part of the spec, but I
needed some way to refer to the way of embedding these small bits of data
into HTML files. If anyone has a better name suggestion, I'm happy to use
it (ideally something self-explanatory, so not an acronym, and something
brief, so not "attributes for embedding small pieces of data in HTML").