Re: microdata

On Mon, 11 May 2009, Ben Adida wrote:

> It's actually quite bad, since it uses some RDFa attributes with
> different interpretation. In other words, it's incompatible on purpose.

As discussed in the e-mail Elias mentioned:

> > On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 9:32 AM, Elias Torres <elias@torrez.us> wrote:
> > > http://lists.whatwg.org/pipermail/whatwg-whatwg.org/2009-May/019681.html

...it's actually intentionally keeping out of the way of RDFa. That is, a
page with microdata won't cause RDFa implementations to generate triples.
(This is done by relying on the CURIE no-prefix form and by using
undeclared prefixes, so no valid CURIEs are ever found.)

To some extent though, HTML4 itself is incompatible with RDFa, as I
mentioned in an ongoing thread with Manu recently:

   http://lists.whatwg.org/htdig.cgi/whatwg-whatwg.org/2009-May/thread.html#19602

There's not much HTML5 can do about that.