Re: Validation issue with the xsi namespace

Hi,

Thanks Christophe, Shane and Toby for your informative answers.
> Hmm, I hope it's not getting to philosophical now ;-)  I'm sure it's
> no longer
> related to Stéphane's original question
It is still related! More questions now. I assume that the xsd prefix
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema follows the same rule and should be
declared:

If the W3C validator returns an error when the xsi XML namespace is not
well defined, then I would expect the same for the xsd XML namespace.
However both
xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#"
validate in XHTML+RDFa. Is that intended? The xsi prefix namespace seems
to be hard coded in the validator, as I'm not able to define a different
URI for xsi. However it seems there is no such restriction for xsd.

regards,
Stéphane.