Re: Validation issue with the xsi namespace

Christoph Lange wrote:

> Hmm, I hope it's not getting to philosophical now ;-)  I'm sure
> it's no longer
> related to Stéphane's original question, but nevertheless let me
> ask: Wouldn't
> it, in some cases, be reasonable to make XML namespace URIs usable as
> vocabulary URIs?  What URI would, e.g., the xhtml:h1 element have
> if you
> wanted to talk about it in RDF like …
>
> xhtml:h1
>     a :XHTMLElement ;
>     :content :text ;
>     ... .

Actually I had a very similar need. The choice was between using the
XHTML namespace as-is, which would result in funny looking URIs like
<http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtmlh1>; tacking an extra '#' on to the
XHTML namespace; or defining my own URIs for XHTML elements.

In the end, I opted for the third solution:

	http://buzzword.org.uk/rdf/xhtml-elements#

The ultimate point of it being:

	http://buzzword.org.uk/rdf/sections#

--