Re: Validator for HTML5+RDFa minus CURIEs

Toby A Inkster wrote:
> I can't remember this exact syntax being suggested, but I suggested:
>
> <link rel="schema.foaf" href="http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/">
>
> Which is what eRDF uses. One objection people had to it was that it
> didn't offer a method to scope a prefix declaration to just part of the
> page. This can be addressed by adding about="#foo" to the <link> and
> then id="foo" to the part of the page though.
>
> Another more important objection, which I have conceded is a good
> argument against it, is that it forces all prefix declarations to be in
> the <head> of the document. This means that people can't easily offer
> all-in-one chunks of RDFa for people to use on their pages. e.g.
> Creative Commons gives a snippet of XHTML for people to paste into their
> pages - with xmlns prefix declarations (or with @prefix) they could
> include the declarations in the same snippet of code.

Another problem with having to define prefixes upfront is that it makes
streaming production of output really hard -- if you don't know ahead of
time which namespaces you'll need you will be forced to include *all* of
them (whatever "all" means here) in the header.

Best regards, Julian