Re: meeting record: 2009-01-08 RDF-in-XHTML TF telecon

Hi,

As I wrote to the list previously, I'm working on marking up S5 slides with
presentation-related metadata using RDFa and also consider using
Microformats to mark up the data within the same document when it's
appropriate.

I noticed that you have "RDFa for Microformats users" as an action item and
it's exactly what I was thinking about when I was trying to come up with the
solution for my problem and in general.

I don't know the details of what you have in mind for
http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-rdfa-minutes.html#action14 but I just want to
describe a problem I experience as representative of a target audience - for
me (I already understand syntax of RDFa and comfortable with tools to test
validity and so on) the next question is which set of RDF ontologies to use
to replace specific Microformats. This means that I already have some
specific usecases that materialized in specific Microformats (e.g. hCalendar
to represent all http://www.techpresentations.org/Category:Conference as
well as http://www.techpresentations.org/Category:Presentation objects) and
the hardest part is to understand which specific ontologies and terms to
use.

In my view, this problem is the one that holds the adoption of Semantic Web
as RDF is advertized as generic tool and publications rarely give specific
answers to specific questions / use cases.

I hope this note is useful and I'll be happy to discuss it more while I'm
still have little experience and can go for fresh guinea pig ;)

Regards,

              Sergey

--
Sergey Chernyshev