Re: RDFa and Web Directions North 2009

Le 14 févr. 2009 à 05:02, Mark Birbeck a écrit :
> we have existing browser implementations is to make the
> point that it *already* works...

plus most RDFa Parsers already work with tag soup.

* a list of current implementations
   http://rdfa.info/rdfa-implementations/
* An implementation report for the XHTML+RDFa case
   http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/implementation-report/
* A Test Harness that could be used to run again the tests against
text/html documents.
   http://rdfa.digitalbazaar.com/rdfa-test-harness/
* A recent well known case of implementation is Yahoo! Search. See for
example
   http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=searchmonkeyid:com.yahoo.page.rdf.rdfa
* Another example
   http://code.google.com/p/ubiquity-rdfa/
   http://code.google.com/p/ubiquity-rdfa/wiki/TutorialIntroduction

>> Unfortunately, Henri has provided a test case that disproves this
>> in practice:
>> http://lists.whatwg.org/pipermail/whatwg-whatwg.org/2009-January/018242.html
[…]

> Henri gives us a script that when run in HTML mode, doesn't get to use
> those properties...but why is that a surprise?
> In short, if you want to write an RDFa parser in JavaScript, that will
> run in both HTML mode and XHTML mode, you'll need to process the
> attribute names yourself, and keep track of the prefix mappings.

Same feelings here. I don't see the issue it creates for the people
developing for example templates or authoring tools which generate
markup (the side which is always forgotten.)

The ironic thing for me is that we do not lack of parsers for now, but
there is a certain lack of authoring tools for RDFa. Among a few of them

* Maybe it's time to ask Bob Ducharme to restart his efforts for RDFa
into MovableType
   http://www.snee.com/bobdc.blog/2007/01/generating-rdfa-from-movable-t.html
* RDFa is in the process of being implemented into Drupal
   http://groups.drupal.org/node/16597
* An effort for Ruby On Rails
   http://rdfa.rubyforge.org/
* Amaya has RDFa support