Re: Serving XHTML as HTML -- still valid for RDFa

From: Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 11:32:26 -0500
To: James Pickering <jp29@cox.net>
CC: "public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org" <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>

Absolutely.  What we in general recommend for people who wish to do this
is that you serve your content as application/xhtml+xml to user agents
that explicitly support it in their Accept header, that you include a
DOCTYPE, and that you use the suffix .html for your documents.  Note
that if you want your content to be portable you need to be aware of the
guidelines in Appendix C of XHTML 1.0 (http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1).

The XHTML 2 working group is currently trying to consolidate this
non-normative information into a single place as guidance for authors
who want their XHTML family content, including XHTML+RDFa, to work in
existing user agents.