Re: RDFa Last Call Comment: Better name than 'instanceof' is needed

On 21 Mar 2008, at 01:21, Karl Dubost wrote:

> Le 21 mars 2008 à 06:00, Martin McEvoy a écrit :
>> how about "classof"

>> 	<a classof="foaf:Document" href="http://example.com/">
>> 	</a>
>
> kind, occurenceof, category, genre, family, group
>
> "typeof", "classof" are appealing but too close from "type" and
> "class". Easy to make a mistake and take the other one when you
> don't know

If 'type' and 'class' are taken and unusable, ... then I'm liking
'kind' (and 'typeof' is ok).

'kind' is a nice, generous, positive word :) I'm not sure it entirely
fits here. But my intuitions are some what screwed up by too many
years of RDF. Would be good to get input from un-polluted Web devs...

cheers

Dan