Re: RDFa Last Call Comment: Better name than 'instanceof' is needed

On 20 Mar 2008, at 16:16, David Peterson wrote:

> +1 for typeof

I prefer 'typeof' to 'instanceof'. I prefer 'type' to 'typeof'. I
suspect (monolingually) that single words may be preferable to
compounds, from an internationalisation perspective.

I'd like to throw 'inclass' into the mix.

It has the disadvantage of being close to HTML's existing 'class'
attribute.
It has the advantage of being close to HTML's existing 'class'
attribute.

(In RDF and OWL, 'foaf:Person' is called a 'class'...)

cheers,

Dan

--
http://danbri.org/