ISSUE-6 related to ISSUE-97?

From: Ben Adida <ben@adida.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 10:47:32 -0700
To: RDFa <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>

Hi all,

I have a long-standing action to remind folks about ISSUE-6:

http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/6

which suggests that we should preserve the running value of @xml:lang in
XMLLiterals.

I have a feeling that, if we can resolve ISSUE-97 (create well-formed
XMLLiterals with all of the proper namespaces), then we can resolve
ISSUE-6 by saying "just add xml:lang to the top-level element that
already holds the namespaces".

And, if we don't preserve namespaces, then it's hard to argue that we
should preserve xml:lang.

So I propose that we figure out ISSUE-97 first, then decide what to do
with ISSUE-6.