Re: RDF/XML and CURIEs

Hi Shane,

congratulations! You have discovered one of the nasty little secrets
about RDF/XML, namely that there are perfectly valid RDF graphs that
cannot be encoded into RDF/XML. This is a known problem, filed as an
official unsolved issue for RDF/XML that a future RDF group (if such an
animal will be created) will have to take care of.

Note that the same RDF graph can be expressed in NTriples and in Turtle
without any problem. And, well, in some ways, in RDFa (except that the
RDFa parser should output Turtle, for example, to be o.k.).

So: if by 'we' you mean the RDFa group, then the answer is indeed that
we do not care. If by 'we' you mean the Semantic Web activity than,
well, yes we have to care about serializations in general...

Ivan

B.t.w.: this is the very problem Misha Wolf and IPTC had for a long time...