Re: We need to start building a community (Re: Primer updated with a Changes section)

From: Ben Adida <ben@adida.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2008 09:16:58 -0800
To: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
CC: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>, RDFa <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>, "Ralph R. Swick" <swick@w3.org>

Ivan Herman wrote:
> So why going 'away' from W3C?

rdfa.info is run by CC, so there really isn't any change in terms of
"going away." We had CC set it up because it would have taken too long
to do this via W3C (for good reason, W3C has to worry about offering
features to every WG).

If W3C can set up a Mediawiki in a couple of days, with proper
authentication and spam control, and regular updates that don't force us
to depend on every other W3C project, then I'm okay with it. But since
CC is already doing some hosting, I don't think hosting the wiki is that
big a change.

I agree that the mailing list can and should be run by W3C, as the
mailing list setup and archiving is excellent.