Re: We need to start building a community (Re: Primer updated with a Changes section)

From: Ben Adida <ben@adida.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 09:17:49 -0800
Cc: RDFa <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>
To: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>

On Mar 7, 2008, at 8:34 AM, Manu Sporny wrote:

> I don't think more pages like the Primer or Syntax document is going
> fix this particular set of issues.

I agree, we need to have a Primer that gives people enough of a sense
of "this is useful and cool, I should read more," and leave further
education to a more nimble process/community.

> - A clean/simple website directing people to various RDFa resources -
>  like rdfa.info - but cleaner and less generic.

Let's make sure it stays rdfa.info. We can improve the design if we
have time, although I think that's not the first priority.

> - A modern, skinnable, extensible wiki (such as MediaWiki)

yes.

> - An RDFa wiki at an easy to remember URI: http://rdfa.info/wiki

yes

> - Mailing list for: discussion about using RDFa

yes, although let's be sure not to fragment too much. We have a
mailing list for the spec, and I'm open to *one* more mailing list for
users/authors. The existing list should remain for developers and in-
depth syntax discussion. I don't want to branch any more than that.

The CC hosting seems like a good direction to follow, since that
doesn't add any more dependencies than we already have, and the CC
admins have been super responsive to all of my requests. I would
prefer W3C hosting in a perfect world, but I fear that will take
longer to set up than we need.

-Ben