Re: RDFa test case #1 missing @profile?

From: Ben Adida <ben@adida.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 11:02:14 -0800
To: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
CC: RDFa <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>

Norman Walsh wrote:
> The point of a @profile isn't just for GRDDL. It's not magic that's
> important, it's (1) expression of the author's intent and (2) the
> ability to "follow your nose".

Norm,

We resolved in the task force that the normative way of following one's
nose would be via the doctype and DTD, since @about, etc... are defined
by the DTD for XHTML1.1+RDFa. So I agree with all of the arguments
you're making, except with regards to the *specifics* of how one follows
one's nose.

We are using @profile as an extra hint, but we do not consider it
mandatory. I have come to agree with Manu and Ivan: let's have all our
test cases use @profile, except for one, since we don't consider it
mandatory. That shows "best practices" but also parser conformance.

-Ben