Re: Yet another RDFa experience

Martin McEvoy wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-09-26 at 00:31 +0200, Simone Onofri wrote:
>>> This Is great I have been having problems all weekend with this RDFa+RSS
>>> [1], I have got as far as transforming to RSS using the distiller [2],
>>> but my tests have produced some wild results, which I have put down to
>>> the markup in my test (and me just getting to grips with RDFa), anyway
>>> after looking at your examples, your markup contains minimal html and
>>> only block elements, this probably confirms my suspicions :)
>> I try to compact a lot XHTML code, but suggestions is accepted.
>
> I don't truthfully know if what you and I are trying to attempt is
> possible while the GRDDL service and the Distiller still produces random
> output. If the output can be tidied in some way, and put back the way it
> was found then I would imagine It would be a natural thing for a
> publisher to want to achieve. My own view is publishers will have to go
> to much time and trouble structuring their data in RDFa, the results
> should (maybe) reflect the authors input?

Martin,

to be honest, at least for some implementations, that might be very
difficult (it is certainly the case with my distiller). pyRdfa relies on
a general RDF library (RDFLib in my case), ie, it generates the various
triples in an abstract triple store. Once this is generated, it relies
on the RDF library to serialize it in RDF/XML, n-triples, turtle, etc,
whatever the library has to offer. In other words, there is very little
control at that point on the format of the output.

Other implementations may be able to do it more easily. But I do not
think we should put such burden and requirement on the implementation.

My 2 cents...

Cheers

Ivan