Re: RDFa Syntax document technical issues

From: Niklas Lindström <lindstream@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 13:46:19 +0200
To: "Ben Adida" <ben@adida.net>
Cc: "Shane McCarron" <shane@aptest.com>, public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf.w3.org <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>

On 9/14/07, Ben Adida <ben@adida.net> wrote:

> Shane McCarron wrote:
> >
> >   2. Manu mentioned that xml:base should work.  I think we resolved
> >      that it cannot.  Can someone confirm that?
>
> xml:base does not affect the links in @href in XHTML1.1, and browsers
> behave accordingly (they ignore xml:base), so we can't override that
> with RDFa. We certainly can't say that xml:base affects @about but
> somehow not @href.

Just to be clear; was it agreed that the base element in head will be
intrepreted to the same affect in XHTML 1.1? So that:

        <base href="http://example.org" />
    </head>
            <a rel="foaf:homepage" href="/niklas">

yields:

    <http://example.org#me>
        foaf:givenname "Niklas";
        foaf:homepage <http://example.org/niklas> .

? I believe so.. (Which implies that base will be peeked at RDFa
process startup.)

Best regards,
Niklas