Re: [RDFa TC] TC 29 and normalizing spaces of the children of an element used as a property value.

Shane McCarron a écrit :
> In XHTML xml:space is always set to preserve.  See
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-xhtml-modularization-20060705/conformance.html#s_conform_user_agent
> production 8

Shane,

I have a question for my culture: the production 8 says
 "Whitespace is defined as in [XML]. On input all whitespace is
preserved - this is exactly as if the value of xml:space, as defined in
[XML], is set to "preserve". If the value of that attribute is set to
"default", that is the same as if it were set to "preserve". On
rendering, whitespace is processed according to the rules of [CSS2]."

Could someone consider the produced RDF as an output or a 'rendering' of
XHTML and thus have a dedicated rule for the whitespace processing?
My question is motivated by the fact that comparing an XHTML rendering
(applying CSS rules) and Literal values of the corresponding triples,
developers and user may be surprised by the differences.

Fabien - http://ns.inria.fr/fabien.gandon/