RE: Violation of XHTML 1.0

On Mon, 2007-06-11 at 10:29 +0200, Hausenblas, Michael wrote:

> Christoph,
>
> >One last thing, this whole topic is different to the question of
> >validity; we're working on DTDs and schemas to validate HTML+RDFa and
> >XHTML+RDFa so whatever mark-up structure we use, we can validate it.
>
> You may also want to check [1], which covers this topic as well.
>
> Cheers,
> 	Michael
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/RDFaInHTML

It says there to use a custom DTD
  http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/DTD/html401-rdfa-1.dtd
with HTML 4.01

But the HTML 4.01 spec doesn't allow custom DTDs:

"HTML 4.01 specifies three DTDs, so authors must include one of the
following document type declarations in their documents."
 -- http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/global.html#version-info

This claim that RDFa can be used in HTML 4.01 also shows up in
the test draft.
  http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/testsuite/