Re: FW: Interesting: Part 4: The User Interface of Microformat Detection

On Wed, 2007-02-07 at 09:16 +0100, Hausenblas, Michael wrote:
> FYI: Below, a post in semantic-web@w3.org.
> Should we not try to motivate Firefox to support RDFa?

Yes.

FWIW Creative Commons has a Firefox (and Songbird) extension
http://wiki.creativecommons.org/MozCC that includes a RDFa parser.

We've been watching Operator and other Firefox mf work and hope to
genericize MozCC, making it a platform for extracting, navigating and
doing stuff with RDFa (and other encodings) found in web pages.  The
goal would be to have a high quality extension that would be a
no-brainer to include in Firefox if supporting RDFa were to become a
no-brainer.

I have two joke names for the genericized project: Interoperator and
TaxCollector (the "RDF tax").  We'd love to work with developers
interested in other vocabularies or who just want great RDFa support in
Firefox.  If there's a better project to build on for these purposes
we'd be open to contributing to that project instead.

I've cc'd Nathan Yergler, MozCC's primary developer.

--
  http://wiki.creativecommons.org/User:Mike_Linksvayer