Re: Comment on Use Case #1: [Re: an update of the use case document]

Le 30 janv. 2007 à 21:18, Ivan Herman a écrit :
> - the text says "if Paul edits one of his blog posts, the
> corresponding
> structured data is also automatically updated"; well, if I change my
> blog, the corresponding RSS/Atom feeds are also automatically updated.

it depends on the system that you are using. On my (former) weblog,
it was not the case, because I didn't created the script to update
the feeds when I modify my post on the web site.  So this
relationship depends on the workflow, not on the state of things.

> I think we should not refer to 'blog' here but simply to Paul's home
> page that contains this information. Whether this extra information is
> on Paul's blog is, in this respect, besides the point.

+1, weblog is one of the possible cases. Though keep the word blog in
paranthesis with others if needed. It will help people to figure out
practically.

> (Note that, unfortunately, that means editing the blog item at the
> source level, because the blog system's wswyg editing offers only a
> limited capacity to do these things. Maybe we could add a reference
> that
> the blog system becomes RDFa aware and adds this feature to its wswyg
> part, too)

yes and no. The whole thing about explicit data, let's say data, is
that people do not edit structured information except if they
	- are constrained to do so (template, form)
	- have an immediate benefits to do so (searching, list, table of
contents, etc.)
	- are metadata zealots (ivan, ben, karl, …)  ;)

I guess this is something that could be stressed out in an
implementer guide.
	1. Do not request people to hand code things,
	2. Create immediate gratification for entering explicit data.
            (for example, visual benefits, search features, organized
list, indexes, …)

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/
      *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***