Re: Draft text for asking for implementation reports

On Feb 8, 2012, at 4:54 PM, Andy Seaborne wrote:

> The implementation report will look like:
>
> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/implementations/
>
> and is based on the EARL vocabulary to report results of running tests against an implementation. (EARL is an RDF schema for reporting test results produced by the W3C Evaluation and Repair Tools working group.)
>
>  http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/tests/earl

I'd like to suggest updating (or, more likely, creating a new version of) the /tests/earl document with some changes detailed below.

The Structure of an EARL Report
==========================

I think we should be using the new EARL outcome IRIs (which have changed in EARL since the DAWG era). This means changing the text to s/earl:pass/earl:passed/.

Best Practices for Reporting EARL to the DAWG
=====================================

I'd like to suggest this new set of best practices bullets:

"+ An EARL assertor (the object of earl:assertedBy) should be a URI, and may itself contain a foaf:homepage triple that uniquely identifies the assertor."

The previous page said that the assertor could be a URI or a bnode, and should include a foaf:homepage. I think ti would be better if we suggested using a URI, but we don't actually use that homepage info, so think that "may" is a better wording.

"+ We use the DOAP vocabulary to provide information on the implementation being tested. The object of earl:subject should be a URI, and should itself contain doap:name and doap:homepage triples that identify the implementation."

I've added text asking for doap:homepage and doap:name triples, as I rely on these in generating the implementations report html.

"+ The canonical URIs for a test (the objects of earl:test) should be based on the test's URI as given by its manifest file. (For example, http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/tests/data-r2/graph/manifest#dawg-graph-01.)"

This is unchanged from the previous document.

Example EARL

Based on the new best practices, I'd also like to update the example EARL RDF in the document to contain the new doap triples. However, I think we'd also need to change the test subject URI (currently http://rdflib.net), as I think that's probably the homepage of the implementation, not the IRI *of* the implementation.

thanks,
.greg