Re: Looking to review Provenance Access & Query document

I've read the PROV Primer and PROV AQ, although not with the intent to
review, rather to understand the key points coming out of the prov-WG.

I'm happy to reread and comment for the WG in a week or so - but not
just at the moment.

The focus is provenance of things with IRIs, processes applied and
agents involved.  "entities" are as far as I could see, AWWW resources
but there is an emphasis on being part of rsources as well (chart in
document).

A couple of areas that might be worth looking at from a SPARQL
point-of-view (I'd need to go back and check details before saying these
are comments):

1/ Service description: they have a provenance service description
framework but the format is not fixed.  The examples in the doc are JSON
so they can't be merged into a SPARQL SD.  If the provenance service is
also a SPARQL endpoint there's a danger of wanting two sets of
information at the same point - better to make RDF first-class and then
it can be in a SPARQL SD.

2/ (point comment) There's a couple of SPARQL queries as illustrations
and a comment on restricting properties to namespaces.

The SPARQL 1.1 idiom:

     FILTER strstarts(str(?p), str(prov:))

does that filtering.

 Andy