Re: next steps on http graph store protocol

On Jan 6, 2012, at 12:43 PM, Sandro Hawke wrote:

> We debated that, but Eric and I, reading 2616 felt like it made sense to
> name it after the class of resources called out in the spec, which uses
> the term "append".   Of course, for RDF, Append means Merge, but we were
> thinking the RDF case doesn't need it's own name for this.

Well… My point was that for RDF, it needn't mean merge. I can imagine a trivial service that actually did append n-triples or turtle content, which would yield a non-merge w.r.t. any shared blank node IDs in the POSTed content and the resource being POSTed to.

.greg