Re: Update comment

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 7:33 PM, Steve Harris <steve.harris@garlik.com> wrote:
> On 23 Mar 2011, at 22:14, Andy Seaborne <andy.seaborne@epimorphics.com> wrote:
>

>> On 23/03/11 21:53, Lee Feigenbaum wrote:
>>> The SPARQL query spec only specifies an indirect relationship between
>>> graph name and contents for FROM and FROM NAMED, right?. USING should
>>> be the same thing -- I don't think I understand the problem?
>>>
>>> Lee
>>
>> It's not the indirect relationship involved FROM NAMED (query sec 13.2.2).  Let's just talk about FROM.
>>
>> The problem is that FROM typically cause a graph to be read form the web (yes - not in Anzo or Mulgara, but that's unusual).
>
> Also not in 3/4/5store, FWIW.
>
>> The update spec says USING is identical to FROM (it uses the word "identical").
>
> Right, that's not my recollection if how it was supposed to work.

My recollection was that it was just a replacement, hence the word "identical".

I can find individual meeting minutes, but is there some way to search
all of them? I'd like to find the discussion on this. I know that my
point of view was simply to replace the word FROM since it was
confusing. If another semantics was suggested, then I missed it at the
time.

Paul