Re: Nicholas Humfrey's Review of "SPARQL 1.1 RDF Dataset HTTP Protocol"

On 18/02/2011 12:44, "Andy Seaborne" <andy.seaborne@epimorphics.com> wrote:

> On 15/02/11 13:50, Nicholas Humfrey wrote:
>> 4) I was wondering if it would be helpful to use 'defacto' URLs in the
>> examples. Are there actually any graph store implementations using the URLs
>> shown in the example? I think it would be helpful if the examples worked on
>> at least one graph store implementation.
>
> I don't think we should "bless" one implementation by using it as the
> examples, if that is your suggestion.  We don't have a formal
> "reference" implementation.

That was my suggestion. My reason for suggesting it, we just to have 'real
world' examples which are familiar when reading the specification. It would
also give a pattern for anyone implementing the specification to follow.

But I am happy to accept that not everyone thinks it is a good idea :)

nick.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/