rendering rfc 2119 keywords

On Sun, 2011-02-06 at 15:18 +0000, Andy Seaborne wrote:
> Minor points - nothing for LC:
>

> >> [*] "*MUST* ....and the words appear as emphasized text, "
> >>
> >> The document does not use them in this way. They are not in bold later, and
> >> bold is reserved for HTTP Verbs.
> >> SmallCaps might be useful to emphasize.
> >
> > I switched to italics rather than bold.
>
> What's the intention for the rest of the document?  These words are not
> used italized.  I was expecting the RFC 2119 text to be in the same
> style as used in the document as a whole: capitals would be the easiest way.
>
> e.g.
> """
> A compliant implementation of this specification SHOULD accept HTTP
> requests directed at its Graph Store
> """
> has SHOULD in plain upper case.
>
> (not necessary for LC)

I kind of like the css trick OWL used.  In the HTML, it says....

        <em title="MUST in RFC 2119 context" class="RFC2119">MUST</em>

but the CSS says:

        .RFC2119 { font-style: italic; text-transform: lowercase; }

so when it's rendered without italics (as in RFCs) it's MUST but if you
have italics, it uses them instead.

Total hack, of course.  :-)     smallcaps is probably how I would do it.

        -- Sandro