Re: entailment profiles?

Hi,
I have a couple of sentences for each of the profiles in the ent. regimes doc:
http://www.w3.org/TR/sparql11-entailment/#id35811250
As part of each profile description I also give the SD profile URL and
explain when it is to be used. E.g.,

6.5.1 OWL 2 DL
[...] Endpoints that use the OWL 2 Direct Semantics entailment regime
and that can handle all of OWL 2 DL but not RDF graphs outside of the
OWL 2 DL fragment can use the IRI http://www.w3.org/ns/owl-profile/DL
to describe this in their service description.

6.5.2 The OWL 2 EL Profile
[...] Endpoints that use the OWL 2 Direct Semantics entailment regime
and that support the OWL 2 EL profile can use the IRI
http://www.w3.org/ns/owl-profile/EL to describe this in their service
description.

6.5.3 The OWL 2 QL Profile
[...] Endpoints that use the OWL 2 Direct Semantics entailment regime
and that support the OWL 2 QL profile can use the IRI
http://www.w3.org/ns/owl-profile/QL to describe this in their service
description.

6.5.4 The OWL 2 RL Profile
[...] Endpoints that use the OWL 2 Direct Semantics entailment regime
and that support the OWL 2 RL profile can use the IRI
http://www.w3.org/ns/owl-profile/RL to describe this in their service
description.

For the RDF-Based Semantics, there is only the RL profile, described
in section 5.4:
http://www.w3.org/TR/sparql11-entailment/#id35809760
There I have
[...] Endpoints that implement the OWL 2 RL profile can use the URI
http://www.w3.org/ns/owl-profile/RL to describe this in their service
description.

Thus, for the Direct Semantics, the profile describes what RDF graphs
the endpoint can handle. For the RDF-Based Semantics, all RDF graphs
are valid, but when the RL profile is used one can only expect certain
inferences (as defined via the RL rules) and not necessarily all
consequences that one could get with an OWL Full reasoner.

Does that help? We could link from the SD doc to the relevant sections
in the ent. regime doc?

Birte

--
Dr. Birte Glimm, Room 309